– You are Christian?
– What is your religion?
– I have no religion.
The lawyer looks discombobulated...
– What do you mean? That is not possible.
– Of course it is possible.
– But… there is no option for that?
– What do you mean?
– Look here, if you are Christian, you swear an oath, if you are Hindu or Muslim, you give an affirmation.
– Just cross one, whichever you would like, it doesn’t matter to me.
– I cannot do that! (He looks at me as if I suggested that he should kill his dog. Then he calms down and continues.) How do you not have a religion?
– Ok, what if I was Buddhist? (Buddhism is not really a religion, but let’s see what he says.)
– Then it would probably be the second option, same as for Hindus and Muslims.
– Ok, then let’s roll with that. I am giving an affirmation.
– Yes. (He strikes through the words “swear an oath”)
He is shaking his head.
– I have never met anyone like that, I have never met anyone who doesn’t have a religion.
~ Carpe diem, carpe noctem, carpe vitam ~
21st Century Surrealism Contemporary Art
All contents © Sabina Nore, All Rights Reserved